Due to the cancellation of the SfAA/SAS Spring Meetings (March 17-21, 2020) in Albuquerque to prevent the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, the Society for Anthropological Sciences executive board resolved to offer an online meeting for those who were previously accepted and scheduled for the meetings in Albuquerque.
Below is the schedule and links point to the specific times during the recorded live stream for each of the presentations during the the Society for Anthropological Sciences Spring 2020 Online Meetings held on Saturday March 21, 2020.
Opening Remarks, Stephen Lyon, President of the Society for Anthropological Sciences
- DRESSLER, William (U Alabama) Cultural Distance and Depressive Symptoms in Urban Brazil
- CARSON, Sarah (U Penn) Republican Feminists?: Discourse Analysis at the Intersection of Women’s Leadership and Political Orientation
- DE MUNCK, Victor (Vilnius U) Do Cultural Models Exist in the Mind Or Only in Publications?
- KRONENFELD, David (UCR) Implications of Gould’s Kinterminology Analysis System
- SKOGGARD, Ian and EMBER, Carol R. (HRAF), FELZER, Ben (Lehigh U), PITEK, Emily (HRAF) Using Climate Data to Predict Cultural Beliefs and Behavior
- SAAD, Summar (Wayne State U) “Brain death is death”: Navigating Brain Death’s ‘Fuzzy’ Boundaries in Clinical Practice
- CLOAK, Ted (Independent) Neural Images in Control of Behavior, Culture, and Cultural Evolution
- PEREGRINE, Peter Neal (Lawrence U) Social Capital and Social Resilience: Different Approaches for Different Disasters
- THOMAS, Michael (Wayne State U) What’s the Point of a Point of View?: Decision Making and Developing Metrics in Human-Centered Design
- HUME, Douglas (NKU), and ARZU, Julia (Galen U) Sugar Cane Farming Community Development: Findings of the 2019 Ethnographic Field School in Belize
- LYON, Stephen (Aga Khan U) Navigating Cultural Politics in Modern Pakistan